Help us keep your Reduction/Benefit right by telling us about changes in your circumstances

Why you must report any changes in your circumstances?

In order to avoid overpayments and potentially court proceedings it is important that you Tell Us of any changes in your circumstances. By telling us you will help us keep your Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction right.

What changes you must report

You need to Tell Us if:-
you or your partner:

  • stop or start getting State Benefits
  • start work or change jobs
  • have an increase or decrease in wages
  • have savings or investments where the value goes up or down
  • go into hospital

You also need to Tell Us if:-

  • any of your children leave school
  • you change address
  • the number of people living with you changes, for example:
    • you have a child
    • other people come to live with you
    • you foster a child or children
    • other people leave your house.

When to tell us about a change in your circumstances

120x98 Tell Us Displays a larger version of this image in a new browser windowYou must inform us of a change in circumstances straight away. If you delay notifying us of this change, you may miss out on receiving additional Housing Benefit/Council Tax Reduction. 

If the change would give you LESS Housing Benefit which will result in an overpayment of Benefit, we may recover this from your ongoing Benefit. For Council Tax Reduction, this will be recovered via an adjustment to your Council Tax bill.

How to report your change in circumstances

To report any changes, or for advice on the types of changes, you should contact us in one of the following ways:

  • Download our pdf icon Tell Us [196kb] form, you will need to complete it and return it to us by post.
  • Complete our online Contact Us form.
  • Telephone us on 0141 287 5050
  • Drop in to see us at the local centres, Monday to Friday 9.00 to 4.30. No appointment necessary.

Please remember that informing the Department for Work and Pensions or other offices such as Welfare Rights, Social Work Department or your Landlord of your changes in circumstances does not mean that we will always automatically be told. You must Tell Us.

There are documents on this page available in Portable Document Format (PDF) and you can view these with Adobe Acrobat Reader. The Reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe web site.

Spire View Housing Association is registered under Industrial & Provident Societies Act 1965: Reg No. 2295R(S)
Registered with the Scottish Government No. HAC136
Scottish Registered Charity No. SC033266

Go to top